I will have me some pastels, pretty please (with sugar on top)!

Monday, February 11, 2013


When I buy things I usually end up realizing that I'm in to a certain colour scheme. The past months it has been all pastels, dusty pink, minty blue and all summery! I guess I am missing spring even more then I give myself credit for (If that's even possible!). Any who, I thought I would share some of my more recent purchases!  

Cute little pins from Modern Girl Blitz, I bought a bunch and gave some away as small christmas presents, but these two I kept for myself.

Freshly cut flowers is my one weakness, I live right next to a flower shop and it's hard not to brighten up the day with some lovely flowers. I thought these pretty ladies suited my kitchen very well!

A toothbrush with cupcakes! I don't know if it's plain crazy since sugary cupcakes isn't the best thing for your teeth or if it is meant as precaution images. Either way it was so weird that I had to buy it! 

This lovely calendar with it's amazing print I found at a book shop in december. Since then it has been waiting on my desk until now. It has a solid place in my handbag and the little pink pen was an absolute must! It's the perfect size to carry with you.

This gorgeous hat from Poppycock Vintage is just waiting for the sun to come out and I think it will suit so many dresses! Right now it's resting on a bureau in my bedroom and now and then I put it on for a twirl or two around my small apartment!
 (You should definitely check out Poppycock if you are looking for some fantastic headpieces, this woman has an amazing selection of vintage hats! I almost think that I have to do a post about her wonderful etsy shop soon.)

I found this little sugarcup at an antique store. It is just on the border of being too much but I could not pass it up, even though a sugarbowl isn't exactly what I'm in desperate need of. Instead I think I will keep my brooches in it or maybe some candy as a secret candy stash! 

And finally, an fabulous angora cardigan that I found for half price of the sale price! It is a little bigger then I like my cardigans to be but it's ever so soft and warm! Another con is that it looks amazing paired with my vintage 50's cigarette pants (which you can see here) but the fabric of the pants really sucks up all loose hairs from the cardigan. After a while it looked like I have a very friendly and hairy pink cat at home that likes to roll around in my wardrobe.

Well these are the colours I'm in to now but I'm almost sure this will change, in a while I will probably be looking for electric hues and spring shouting fabrics! But in the mean time I can't wait for a certain minty parcel that is waiting for me at the post office! 



19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that cardigan looks amazing!!!
    Ha, I can totally relate to the "cat" hair thing, and yay for Modern Girl Blitz buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes. Some friends asked me what happened. Wish I would have thought about the cat story then!

      Delete
  2. Din blogg är så fin Simona! Hoppas allt är bra med dig, och att vi kan ses snart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tackar hjärtat! Vi måste verkligen ses snart, är alldeles för länge sedan!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pastels Simona, and that gorgeous cardie looks so toasty and warm! Lovely! And thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog recently, great to be in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So good to be in touch. And this cardigan will keep me warm when as long as the snow queen has her reign.

      XX

      Delete
  4. lovely blog! def gonna visit again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your comment, it means a lot!
    These items are so pretty! And happy Valentine’s!

    Have a great day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries you have a lovely blog! Hope you had a great Valentine's!

      XO,

      Simona

      Delete
  6. Ser en riktigt fin hatt här som jag blev jättefäst vid! Hur fin som helst :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vad härligt! Poppycock vintage har en massa godbitar!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you! It is but very hairy, I wonder if it's possible to treat it somehow so that it doesn't loose so much hair. But it's actually the warmest cardigan I own and I just love it.

      XO,

      Simona

      Delete
  8. i definitely have a weakness for pastel coloured things as well. i love your cardigan, it looks so soft! and the little sugar holder as well.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the sugar holder is so pretty, it rests on my bed stand right now. You have a gorgeous blog!

      XO,

      Simona

      Delete
  9. All your charming pictures show your penchant for a pretty pastel palette - like! I'm now off to look at your cigarette pants pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! Yes, I am quite partial to pastels, but generally I just love colour. It's amazing how it can change your mood!

      XO,

      Simona

      Delete
  10. Awww all of these things are so pretty and fun! I want that toothbrush so bad!!! haha. I have been looking for a cute toothbrush because hey, anything that gets me more excited about brushing my teeth doesn't hurt! Precious :) You better believe that if I were living next to a flower shop I'd be lavishing myself with them all the time too :D That's awesome! It's wonderful to be surrounded by pretty flowers :)

    ~Alyssa
    www.butterfliesonmars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! It makes me so happy to read your responses. Hope you have a wonderful day and welcome back!

XO,

Simona